Thursday, September 3, 2009

What Could You Live Without?

There’s typically a lot of wine at girls’ night. A. Lot. I’m talking about almost a bottle (if we’re not drinking out of the classy classy boxes) per girl sometimes.

We all have our personalities with wine. I’m a fan of the sweet (not sickeningly sweet, though, I don’t want to freeze it in to popsicles or anything) while Miss B is a lover of the dryer reds. I consider her more sophisticated than me. Come on – red is always more sophisticated than white.

But, if I’m being completely honest, I could live without the wine completely. It does loosen up the gab fest a bit for some. Though, I’ve never ever ever had a problem gabbing. And, some girls just adore the loveliness of the taste, which I like a lot, but I also like Diet Coke a lot. I feel lame saying this, but if some Doctor or “scientific study” said I shouldn’t drink wine anymore, I wouldn’t be devastated. Sad, for sure, but not distraught.

See, the thing is, I’m on a never-ending quest to lose weight (one time I did, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility) and unfortunately wine -especially my Relax Riesling- is crammed full of calories. Empty ones at that. If I had to choose, I’d choose a bowl of ice cream every day over a glass of wine. I mean, I don’t WANT to live the rest of my life without wine, but I could.

I know Miss B and Miss JYeag want to slap me just thinking about it. It’s okay. Remember – they’re more sophisticated than me. HELLO – I compared wine to Diet Coke. Sad…I know…

[Via http://musthavemondays.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment