Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 for Tuesday ... er ... Saturday

Well, yesterday was a double hitter so far as scheduling (and fun) were concerned I just looooove busy fun days! Waking up to a second day in a row with rain I was worried that the kids’ first ever soccer practice was going to be canceled. Luckily it wasn’t! We started off our day out at the field of Chorley Elementary (awesome field, creepy looking school building!) at the 10:30. The kids broke up into age groups, & started learning the art of the game. Boy did I get a workout running from one side of the field to the other to snap piccies of my 2 big guys. This is my fave of JT – some fancy footwork going on here (although his favorite part of the day was getting to be goalie!).

Here’s one of Ashley going for the goal …

And, you can’t beat this one:

They both seemed to enjoy themselves on their first day, though I must admit, I was probably more excited than they were (I love soccer!).

And that was not all we did yesterday … We also went out to Brotherhood Winery in Washingtonville with some friends. We always have a good time when we get together with these guys, & we always manage to score some great wine! Mmm … wine & pizza, hard to top that!

The kids took part in the grape stomping “competition” (though, I’m not really sure that is the word I would’ve used to describe it).

We ended the day with a tour & (of course) a tasting. You know, we really don’t take enough advantage of living in such a wonderfully rich wine producing region … okay, maybe we do

No comments:

Post a Comment