Sunday, September 27, 2009

Great News and Anniversary Celebration

“Twilight in the Bronx” has been accepted into “A Quilters Gathering” in Nashua, NH and will also be in the Dutchess Heritage Quilt Show in Poughkeepsie.  I’ll be at the DHQC on the Sunday so that I can pick up my quilt and get it ready to go to Nashua.

My sweetie and I are celebrating 17 years of marriage today.  Our celebration started on Friday with a trip to Gabrielsons in Jamesport with a good friend to get mums.  Since we have the bigger vehicle and can carry more plants we drove.  Dh and I purchased 8 mums and hopefully the weather will cooperate to plant them this week. The mums are gorgeous and reasonably priced.

Gabrielsons is a family run farm that grows the mums locally in Jamesport.  While its a bit of a hike it’s well worth the trip.

I’ll post more mums later this week.  I have loads of photos of them and did quite a few macro shots.  The detail of color is quite inspiring.

While we were out on Long Island we took the opportunity to get to a few wineries.  Macari on the recommendation of our friends.  They have some fab wines.  I really liked their reds.  Hands down the Long Island reds are way better than anything I’ve had upstate NY with the exception of the Pinot Noirs from the Niagara Escarpment.

The next vineyard we visited is Roanoak Vineyards in Riverhead, NY.  We arrived on a very special day.  Gabby, the owners dad celebrated his birthday and the release of their new Cabernet Franc named in honor of Gabby.  Gabby worked the 12 rows of vines this vintage came from and the effort payed off big!!!!  If you’re into reds this is one worth buying a case and seeing how it blossoms and grows over the next 8 years or so.  My sweetie got Gabby to autograph a bottle for us – something to be treasured for sure!

This is our friend Mary – she’s the one who told us about Gabrielsons and has just been a great friend for a long time.

While we were drinking this bottle of wine Gabby came out and we shared some of this Cabernet Franc with Gabby.  That was the highlight of our day.  One thing I need to remember to do on autumn days is to bring a jacket.  It got breezy and chilly out here.

More tomorrow!

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment