Thursday, September 24, 2009

{Styled Chic No. 1} Colors: Purple Reign Invitations

If you tuned in last week, you saw I will be posting a new design series called Style Chic. Last week, I presented a photo as inspiration. Often times, a room in a couples house is a true insight on their personality, and they normally don’t look there! Try and pull away from magazines such as The Knot or Martha Stewart Weddings that tell you what kind of couple you are. Look to each other as inspiration for something truly unique. For this Style Chic No. 1, I took this totally hip and modern room shot from Crate & Barrel. Here is the photo from last week.

The wedding suite I designed consisting of an Invitation, belly band and RSVP card. I love working with different color palettes. I took the cream, black and purple tones as my palette. There are so many combination’s that can come from from this including the silver from the wall, but I wanted something a little different. I also took the pattern from the pillow and incorporated it on the belly band. Perfect!

I created a custom monogram to layer on the belly band to really give some punch and brand the couple. I used an ivory cream linen card stock to add some richness and flat printed them. These could just as well be letterpressed! I would pair these with gorgeous ivory cream envelopes and a custom rubber stamp. *wink

The accompanying RSVP card. Clean and sophisticated.

The Invitation. Modern and chic.

So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment