Friday, September 25, 2009

Aix-en-Provence!

Today was a lovely day!

We went to Aix where we went to what I thought was going to be the Monet-Cezanne exhibit, but it turned out it was Picasso and Cezanne. Let me tell you, I was extremely disappointed.

Not to offend or step on any toes, but Picasso is not my favorite artist. Nor is Cezanne. I was reminded of Papa Joe once again, because I once found this calender that was paintings from the master artists. He had he had written all over all of the art in the calender and on the one of Cezanne’s landscape (I believe it was this one):

and he wrote, “I could paint a better dreary sky.”

But other than that, we walked around, went into some lovely fabric stores, art supplies store (where I bought a really amazing pen and some beautiful ink to write letters and draw with!) and I also bought two books. One of them is just the most beautiful book I’ve probably ever seen. They are french children books. Here they are all wrapped up with a finished (and once delicious cafe au lait).

And this fabric store was so expensive and I didn’t buy anything, but I sure was tempted to. Luckily I got to buy some fabric from another (but less cute) fabric store.

So it has been a fun but exhausting day.

Last night we went to Cafe du France and celebrated my birthday because my actual birthday turned out being a not so awesome day. But last night was fun. We had some wine and then had a dance party back at our house. I love all the girls I’m living with! Here are 4 out of the 7 other girls I’m currently sharing a house with.

That’s Lexi, Kara, Megan, and Caitlin. All fibers girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment