Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fish & Chips

Prior to arriving, I had the impression that Aussies live on fish & chips. But it’s not really true, at least not in this part of the country.

There is this fish and chips shop near where I’m staying called Tippler’s Seafood. So I wanted to have my dinner there last Friday. But several others had the same idea and the shop was packed. So I went back to cook my own frozen fish and pan fried chips. Plus smoked salmon and brie and a green salad, washed down with XXXX – the local queensland beer. Not too shabby at all.

The other night, I finally got a chance to try out Tippler’s again, at $13 the mixed platter for one was enough for my dinner and lunch the next day. Lots of people actually call and came in to collect their fish, probably to add to their dinner. The staff were really nice and friendly people, unlike the ultra grumpy asians manning asian takeaways.

That’s a 2008 wolfblass red label shiraz / cabernet sauvignon. Quite nice to drink, not very heavy. I didn’t want to buy another wolfblass again but the red labels were going 2 for $16. The XXXX beer wasn’t that good, there’s a slight aftertaste but it was quite cheap $13 for a sixpack.

[Via http://jtc2718.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment