Monday, December 7, 2009

Maui

Hi guys! Hope you’ve had a lovely day. I have! It started with a 5 mile run around Diamond Head Park (picked up a runners guide at the concierge desk which had a 3 mile and 5 mile route mapped out on it!). It basically went all around where we walked the other day except up the volcano. With a 2 minute walk in the middle and a 5 minute cool down walk it took me 1 hour and as it was pretty hot already at 9am I was pretty pooped by the end of it. Came back to the room to shower, pack up, eat a bowl of Vogels, check out and catch our flight to Maui!

At the airport I ate 1/2 a Cliff Chocolate Fudge bar. No phot sorry! It was nice. Much better than the Peanut Butter one IMO.

Island paradise?

041 

Happy hour at the pool bar ;) . I had 2 maitais and some ice water then later on a local beer (forget the name). We were given these lovely snacks which if you are Aussie reminded me of Twisties but a chilli version. There were delicious and we were starving!

031     

I ordered the only salad on the pool bar menu, a ceasar with dressing on the side plus grilled fish. I was pleasantly surprised when all the sides came on the side! So I skipped the croutons and dressing and just added the parmesan. It was so yum. I may have to get this again! 

038 

Adam ordered a grilled cajun chicken sandwich which was also delicious. It came on the soften loveliest floury roll ever!  

039

Sunset

058

060 

Cliff diving

061

Can you see the man diving off Blackrock?

062

We went for an beach swim for a while and then came back to our room to get ready for dinner. Did I mention we got upgraded to a beach view room! Very happy ;) .

We went to Hula Grill. For a starter were ordered the mahi mahi ceviche which came out with these pita bread crispy cracker things. It was really nice and fresh tasting.

017

Adam ordered the seared Ahi which was so yum!

018

I ordered grilled Oma with Tatsoi salad and pineapple salsa which was also awesome!

019

And randomly some steamed brocolli because I am missing my greens ;) .

020

What a lovely dinner! We had some Sonoma County Fume white wine as well, though I can’t remember the name of the brand. I wasn’t super stuffed from this meal and I think the days eats were relatively healthy! That is, except for my tiny serve of Haagen Daaz icecream. I chose cookie dough and Adam got brownie flavoured. Mine was good but Adam’s was better!

021

We are considering going out for breakfast tomorrow morning! Have a lovely night friends.

[Via http://whatisforbreakfast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment